Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast that leaves you with tender meat, vegetables and a built in gravy to enjoy them all
SEASONING MIX –
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tbs dried thyme
- 1 tbs dried rosemary
- 2 tbs steak seasoning (blend of peppercorns, garlic, paprika, parsley and salt)
- Mix Seasoning in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Coat both sides of meat with olive oil that we’ve prepared before. Sprinkle on a third of the seasoning mix onto each side.
- Sear both sides of the meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl. Drizzle on a little olive oil to coat vegetables. Sprinkle on the remaining seasoning mix. Add the vegetables to the same skillet that was used to sear the meat. Sauté for about five minutes – stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the vegetables to the top of the roast in the slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Using a turkey baster, retrieve most of the cooking juices from the slow cooker. Transfer juices to a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat on the stovetop. Whisk together the cornstarch with a little water. Blend into the pan juices while whisking. Bring back to a simmer until thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the roast and vegetables to a large platter. Ladle the gravy over. Serve immediately.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast in a garlic balsamic sauce perfect for an easy weekday or weekend dinner,. THREE DIFFERENT COOKING METHODS!